Wellness Case Management is a service that can help you find a doctor and link you with medications and other services you need to manage a chronic disease. Your Wellness Case Manager can also help you set wellness goals and help you work to reach them.
WHO CAN GET WELLNESS CASE MANAGEMENT?
You can get Wellness Case Management services if you have little or no health insurance AND have one or more of these conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Mental Illness
- Another Chronic Health Condition
- Often use the Emergency Room for everyday care
HOW CAN I GET WELLNESS CASE MANAGEMENT?
If you have one or more of these conditions and have little or no health insurance:
- You can fill out the form by clicking the button to the right (or the bottom of the page if on a mobile device) or call us at (334) 293-6502.
- If you are at a hospital or clinic, you can give the application to the front desk.
- You can call 211 and ask for Wellness Case Management. 211 is a free information and referral line that you can call when you need services. Operators will help you find the help you need. You may call 211 if you have a crisis such as domestic violence, homelessness, sudden unemployment, problems with alcohol or drugs, mental or emotional problems or if you need other services.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I APPLY FOR WELLNESS CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES?
A Wellness Case Manager will contact you to find out what needs you have:
- Your Wellness Case Manager will help you find a medical home and other services/benefits you need and help you use these services.
- You will talk with a Wellness Case Manager about your health and wellness concerns.
- You may also have a Wellness Case Manager to help you learn how to manage your chronic disease.
- You will learn about healthy living and how to take care of yourself.
- You will learn what to do in case of a medical emergency.
HOW MUCH WILL WELLNESS CASE MANAGEMENT COST?
There is no cost to you. Wellness Case Management services are paid for by resources provided through The Wellness Coalition.